Film and Documentary Director
Born in Nicosia in 1981, Constantinos Patsalides is a prolific Cypriot filmmaker whose latest short film, “30,” was showcased at Cannes’ Short Film Corner Market in 2018. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Film Directors in Cyprus, serving as Film Representative from March 2017 to 2019.
With over two decades of experience as a cinematographer for various TV channels in Cyprus, including RIK, Constantinos has directed and produced numerous documentaries and TV productions. His long-form creative documentary “Beloved Days,” released in 2015, has garnered international acclaim, with a Best Documentary win at the Mumbai Film Festival and screenings in London and Brussels’ European Parliament.
Constantinos Patsalides other notable works include the short documentary “A True Story” (2007), nominated for the Journalism Prize by the European Parliament Office in Cyprus, and “Hope against Desperation” (2008), co-produced with the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus. He has also conducted seminars on creative and video documentary at the University of Cyprus and Frederick University.
As a founding member of the freelance documentary company “Walking Around the World” since 2008, Constantinos Patsalides films have been featured in international film festivals and theatrically released in London, Hungary, and Cyprus.
Below is a list of Constantinos Patsalides’ films and their distribution information:
- “30” (2018, narrative short, 15’)
- Beloved Days (2015, creative documentary, 75’)
- Hope against “Hopeless” (2008, short documentary, 45’)
- A true story (2007, short documentary, 30’)
- “BELOVED DAYS” (Awarded creative documentary, distribution by 10FRANCS, France, 2017)
- “HOPE AGAINST HOPELESS” (Awarded TV documentary, distribution in USA by FILMSMEDIA GROUP New York and TETRAKTYS in Cyprus, 2014-2017)